Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guh.


I been on a bit of a downstreak lately. Recently a family friend died. It sucks. He was a really special guy. His family is super awesome and my heart goes out to them.


Also on a weird note; local Brazilian Photo guy Sergio Goes drowned. I knew him, not well, but well enough to be shocked and saddened by his passing. Cool guy, been in the scene for years. It will be weird not running into him at things. He's sort of the first person out of my generation/peer circle in the art scene to go. weird morbid milestone I guess. I feel bad for his people he leaves behind. I guess his creativity is needed elsewhere in the universe.



Still clearing out old stuff. I've been sorting photographs for days now. The redundancy of photographs is sort of shocking. How many times can you see the same picture with the only difference being the principle characters? I have two giant boxes of ones that I'm keeping! I don't know why I can't just let go of these pictures. i know ties to the past and stuff are difficult to let go of, but damn. It's just stuff. Leia wants to make a coffee table book completely from the photographs of my Grandfather and his social clubs. It would be called "Latvians are Awesome" It would just be all these awesome pictures of these latvian social gatherings from the 60s.


I found some epic pics of my mom and dad. there's one of dad in a leather suit. I think I might post that bad boy. A few awesome hairstyles of my mothers as well.


I guess that's it for now.

No comments: